The day you find out that you have fleas in house, it is going to be the beginning of a nightmare. This is because, fleas can go very easily around your house infesting your pets, you and all the environment. You should know that fleas like to settle inside the house because they prefer dark, hot and humid places where they can hide and reproduce. This is why you will find them in carpets, couches, pillowcases or curtains. Your house is always going to be the perfect habitat for them throughout all the year, since even when outside is going to be very cold they will always find a warm place inside.
How to get rid of fleas in house
Get rid of fleas in your home, could be a difficult task. To make sure they are absolutely gone, most of the times is necessary to call a flea control since general flea repellent such as flea spray for house are not strong enough to kill them. The infestation is even more problematic if you have in your house a garden, plants or pets. In the case you have pets, the possibility they are going to be attacked from dog fleas or cat fleas is very high. Here below you can find my personal advices on how to keep your house free from fleas.
5 Suggestion on how to get rid of fleas in the house
- If you have pets, clean all the items that belong to your pets: towels, toys and dresses. Wash everything in a washing machine or with hands. Also, wash blankets and covers of chairs and couches.
- A good way to keep your house free from fleas is to have your carpets and moquette clean all the time. To clean your carpets you can use a vacuum cleaner or a vaporiser.
- Keep your house ALWAYS clean. Clean behind and underneath all furniture and keep clean all the darkest and most humid places of the house. Fleas are going to hide there.
- Remember to throw away the vacuum cleaner bag. Be very careful that the bag does not open when you are throwing it away. Fleas may get out and infest your house again.
- Keep always clean where your pets sleep. Clean their baskets and beds regularly, using first the vacuum cleaner and then a disinfectant.
If You Want to Discover How to Get Rid of Fleas in Your House Permanently and Remove Them From Your Pets Without Using Any Chemicals